Saturday, April 19, 2008

SBL and other oddities.

I went to my first regional meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature yesterday. I learned that presenting a paper wasn't as scary as I had made it out to be, in fact it was quite informal. I think I can do it soon, if I can just figure out how to be more informed of when call for papers happens.

I spent 8 hours listening to lectures and talks about Hebrew Bible, archaeology, et cetera. It would have been more fun if I had actually known people there. As it was, I was one of the youngest, and one of the only girls there, so it was awkward and isolating. Regardless, it made me hopeful.

I'm looking into a variety of M.A. programs from linguistics to Biblical Languages to Bible. I think this will help me in the future for PhD applications (though I will be applying for those too, but it is highly likely that I won't get in, due to me not knowing French yet).

I had buffalo chicken pizza today. It is pretty much the best thing in the world.

That's all. So, there's an update Pete. I probably won't have internet access for the next couple of days, so don't get your hip-hugging panties in a knot.

I'm feisty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you wrote about eating pizza and going to a boring lecture and bored us to tears in the process. If your life is half as pathetic as your blog then I'm glad there was a Rock of Love marathon on today.

Anonymous said...

Ha...well aside from Senator Buzzkill there, Buffalo Chicken sounds amazing to me. Please tell more. Mmmm...now I'm hungry.

Travis

MB said...

French is pretty rad. Which reminds me that I need your address again because I lost it when I got a new hard drive.